Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Gettin' Down

Found this photo of me at twenty-eight and I stopped to marvel at my ability to squat down next to my youngest child of four in her stroller (you can't really see her, but she's there). Based on clothing, etc., I imagine this was taken in the fall of 1978... a little while ago. I can't imagine getting into that position now.

My knees pop when I bend. My hip joints protest in no uncertain terms. Nah... I don't get down like that anymore unless I'm in a swimming pool.

But ya know? It's good to have proof that I COULD do it once upon a time...

4 comments:

  1. You look like a real hippie in the photo Annie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I hear you. We were in a car accident recently and there are all kinds of things I will never be able to do again. I admire your youthful flexibility. I lament the same thing.

    ReplyDelete